Last Updated: 2013-6-20
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Services.
- Information Received from Mobile Devices or Personal Computers: When you access the Service from a personal computer, we will receive and collect the IP address and browser type used to access the Services. When you access the Service through a mobile device we will receive and collect the device type and device i.d. If you access the Service through a mobile device, your location may be viewed by other users of the Service unless you deactivate the geolocation feature through the Settings Page of the Service. We may also use these identifiers and information to track your use of the Services and allow you to invite, or be invited by, other users to use the Services.
- Information You Provide to Us Directly: By accessing or using the Service, we will directly collect information about you as follows:
- i. User Account and Profile: If you access the Service through a means other than a Social Networking Service, you will be required to provide your email address in order to create an Account within us. In addition, we may allow you to create a user profile which will be visible to other users of our Services. This profile information may include: your name and/or user name; profile picture; biographical information, information about your use of our Services (such as playlists, movies liked, your opponents and scores), and links to profiles of you on Social Networking Sites. This information is considered public and may be indexed by search engines or other means, however, you may opt out of sharing your profile information as well as whether other users can see that you are on-line or off-line by adjusting the settings at the Settings Page of the applicable Service.
- ii. Correspondence and Public Postings: If you correspond with us by email (including for support purposes), we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses for internal use. We may also retain any messages you send through the Services either to us or other users or members. In addition, any information you provide in any chat room, User Content or other public areas of the Service may be accessed by us and other users, and we may store this information.
- iii. Gameplay and User Activity: When you use the Services, we collect information and statistics about your use of the Services and interactions with other users to improve the Services and offer a richer and more personalized user experience.
- iv. SMS and Our Notifications: If you sign up to have SMS notifications sent to your mobile device, we receive and store the telephone number(s) that you provide to us. You can control or manage SMS notifications by adjusting your SMS notification settings.
METHODS USED TO COLLECT INFORMATION
- Log Files: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or Social Networking Site each time you access the Service from your computer. We also use log files and server logs to collect information about your use of the Service to provide a more personal and richer user experience. These log files and server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ( "IP") address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages and pages viewed.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons, also known as gifs, are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. A Web beacon may be used on our Web pages to collect information, deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness or in our emails to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Invitations from Other Users: If another user of our Services chooses to use our invitation service to invite you to use the Services, that person will provide us with your email address and we will automatically send an email invitation to you on that person’s behalf. We will only use your email to send this invitation to you on the other user’s behalf and, if you accept the invitation from the other user, to register you as a user of the Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We use your personal information to provide you with services, to operate and improve our Sites, send you messages, and for other purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Web pages or in connection with our services. For example, we may use the information we collect:
- to allow you to create an online profile, display information you choose to share with others, and enable you to connect with other members;
- to enable your use of features of the Services such as the community, rewards and activities;
- to process and deliver your contest entries, rewards and donations;
- to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to personalize the Services to your interests, such as providing content or features to match your interests and to make the sites or services easier to use;
- to improve your experience on our Web sites, through mobile devices, or through Social Networking Sites;
- to deliver service messages and other services and content you request and to send you information related to your account and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- deliver targeted advertisements; and
- to send you information about new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Exponential and our selected partners;
Personal information you provide may be linked or combined with other personal information we collect or obtain from third parties. We match your information, in part, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Use of Your Email Address: By providing us your email address, including by adding an Exponential application on a Social Networking Site, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, in lieu of communication by postal mail, except as required by applicable law. You also agree that we may send you notifications of activity on our Services to the email address you give us, in accordance with your privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive email messages from us, you may opt out by sending an email with "opt out" in the subject line to email@example.com or by following the unsubscribe link in the applicable email. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or other offers. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- SMS Notifications. If you sign up to have SMS notifications sent to your mobile device, we will send a verification request to the phone number you provide to us so that you can confirm that you want to receive SMS notifications from us. If you verify that you want to receive SMS notifications from us, we may use the phone number you provide to notify you of activity within our Services or to allow you to play our Games from your mobile device. In addition, from time to time we will send you messages directly to your mobile device related to the Services, including to notify you of new features. You can control or manage these messages, or opt-out of receiving sms notifications from us, by adjusting the settings in the Settings Page of the Service.
- Storage of Personal Information. At this time, Exponential is located in the United States.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- With Other Users and Friends. Our Services are designed as a social community for connecting and sharing with other people. When you sign up you will be asked to create a user name. Your user name will be displayed on our Services along with certain information including your registration date, credits, scores, etc. Other users of the Services will be able to see your user profile information which may include your Exponential and/or Social Networking Site user name or ID number, or your email if you use email as a way to register with the game. Access to your Exponential or Social Networking Site ID number may allow other persons to view the public information associated with your Exponential or Social Networking Site account and send you communications through our Services or Social Networking Site. You may also choose to share additional data by updating your profile and settings. Some promotions and features of our Services are presented jointly with other companies. If you choose to participate in those promotions or use those features, your information may be collected and used by us and those other companies. Use of your information by those other companies is for their own purposes not controlled by Exponential and is subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous aggregated data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain of our Services. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Exponential takes reasonable security measures to protect your personal information to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable and our security measures are not a guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Exponential and you do so at your own risk.
Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of Social Networking Sites through which you access the Services. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures employed by any third party.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Exponential, at all times.
CHOICES ABOUT USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Services, in which case certain features may not be able available to you.
You can manage or control the information we receive from a Social Networking Site by following the instructions provided by that Social Networking Site.
You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can review and correct the information about you that we keep on file by adjusting the settings within the Service.
You can stop our use of your geo-location information or push notifications by adjusting your settings within the Service or on your mobile device.
You may change your privacy settings on the Services through the features provided through the Services and/or the applicable Social Networking Site or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you remove information that you posted to our Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
If you no longer want Exponential to use your information, you may contact our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we deactivate your account or delete your information. However, certain information, including customer service information, may be retained for our legal and accounting purposes. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users or posted to areas of the Services that are visible to the public, or that are visible to other users of the Services, after termination or deactivation of your user account.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above. If there are material changes to this policy, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you use our Services to understand how your personal information is used.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practice, or your dealings with this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send mail to: Exponential Entertainment, Inc.1008 Western Ave. Suite 507 Seattle, WA 98104 U.S.A.